Here is a great idea for a hostess, teacher gift, or just a little extra for someone special. It costs practically nothing!
An empty tin can, sprayed in Festive Color, (I have used Red, Gold and Black, just one color per can)
- Paint Pen or Sharpie, you can write the initial of the receivee on the can
- A handful of potting soil
- One “Paper White” or “Narcissus” Bulb
- A small Cellophane Party Bag, or even a brown paper bag tied with ribbon
- A little tag explaining what it is and how to force the bulb
Here is my can: I save my cans throughout the year, there are one million uses for these, and they make great little “extra” gifts when filled with something. Put a handful of soil in, fill it to about two thirds to the top. When the bulb grows, it gets very tall sometimes before blooming, so you want to give it some space in the can so it won’t be so fragile.
Just place the bulb in, press it into the soil a bit.
Wrap the can, add a ribbon, some instructions, and VOILA!! You have an adorable gift.
Paperwhites takes about 4-6 weeks to bloom. They have a lovely sweet scent, they are completely dummy proof, just a bit of water every few days, and they will do all the work.
This one I kept for myself. It should be blooming soon!