Old Drawers Turned Into Planters

Old Drawers turned into Planters!

Looking for New Ideas for Planters?  How about using old drawers?

I was recently mourning the fact that the Pie Safe I had rescued from a Dumpster many months ago had finally gone to Pie Safe Heaven.  You can read about that find HERE.  It was in the saddest condition when I found it. I had grand dreams of bringing it back to life and making it bloom again.  Sadly, it was beyond my capabilities and was past life support.   In its honor, we planted flowers in its super cool and sturdy metal drawers.

Metal drawers turned planters banner redouxinteriors

The Pie Safe was a clear victim of serious furniture neglect.  I wanted to give it a new home, show it had life left in it.  But ultimately, it was only to live on in the sum of its parts (that were not totally falling apart).

Pie Safe Collage

It was actually Emma’s (my amazing friend and helper)  idea to put flowers in them and stack them.  I can’t even take credit for painting them.  But I think I did suggest a color?  We went with CeCe Caldwells Santa Fe Turquoise, their new Kailua Coral and Vintage White.   I lightly sanded the fronts and sealed them with Endurance.  You can read about that amazing product and see the How To Video HERE!

Metal Drawer Planters redouxinteriors

It was a cloudy and overcast sky when the drawers became reincarnated to planter boxes.  The flowers and the vibrant CeCe Caldwells colors brightened them right up.  I am certain that Pie (Safe) in the Sky was smiling down at Emma and I that day.  I love how these old drawers were turned into planters.

Metal Drawer Planters wide redouxinteriors

Don’t look at your old drawers the same again, turn them into Planters! signature

My Pie Safe Memorial Flower planters are paying their respects at these thoughtful parties:

DIY Show Off

Project-Inspired-Button-New1.pngTip_Me_Tuesday_Button_TipJunkie-jpg

The Scoop_thumb[5]Upcycled Treasures

Home Stories A to Z

House on the Way

Savvy Southern Style

741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oAddicted 2 DIYNancherrowThe Shabby Nest
LizMarie_FavThingsFriday_zpsc44fa37e

Furniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Too Much Time On My Hands

Related posts:

Comments

1. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

Drawers filled with flowers – so pretty! I can’t wait to plant something! We’re still having weird weather – 70′s today, back to below freezing tomorrow – totally crazy!

• GTC says

I hope the crazy mood swings in the weather stop soon! We are in the 70′s here, but we usually get some cold (what we think is cold) again. I hope spring comes and stays so you can get out in your garden. Thank you so much for the comment!

• GTC says

Thank you so much Vidya! The project, then the pictures gave me an instant happy boost every time I looked at it. We are all ready for Spring!

2. says

Ahhhh, so pretty! I’m a total drawer saver too…I have a stack in the shop right now, just waiting for a new life! Thanks for the inspiration :)

• GTC says

Hi Katherine, I am so sorry I missed your blog hop! I was out of town until this Tuesday. Will you be doing another one? Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

3. says

I hate to see a once-lovely piece of furniture expire. But you made lemonade out of lemons with these drawer planters! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
    Nancherrow

4. says

Sorry your initial plans didn’t work out, but I love that you didn’t trash the whole thing, and used what was still usable! I love this display that it made, and the colors you chose. Really beautiful. Off to read the other post now.
    Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
    History & Home link party, Tue-Fri, weekly, join us!

• GTC says

Thank you so much Dawn! I always try to salvage something if I can, even it is a drawer front! Thank you so much for your sweet comments.

5. says

Just beautiful !!! What a gorgeous planter – have to keep this in mind – and most definitely pinning to remember !
    Visiting from Common Ground!
    XOX